Saturday, October 13, 2007

Dreams*

I'm standing in a small room that breaks into a much larger one. But in between is a winding, long spiral staircase. I realize it's my teacher's house, a good friend of mine. As i ascend, i get halfway up and am startled by a baby falling headfirst, very fast, straight down the middle. I was terribly freaked out and couldn't look; i remember some cleaning, some screaming, but an overall calming effect afterward. Even through death. ???

Roland was talking to his dad. Roland, a friend from prescott who i really met in flagstaff, and his father, who i've never met. Their conversation via telephone seemed nice, as i could hear both sides in person from the same physical location. Suddenly, i'm in a liquor store, with Roland pushing bottles off of shelves, clear plastic liquor jugs, and as they bounce off the floor i quickly pick-up and replace them. We continue this, and though it makes sense that i might be annoyed by it, we're laughing the whole time. It's like a game that we both are having fun at. It continues till i wake.

I awake on a couch. I've totally been here before, but i have no idea where i am. The worn parts of the couch where dirt and soot have collected are even familiar to me. I roll over as i roll my eyes and in an instant see 12 people that are warm to me and white with welcome, but they're gone in the same instant. Then all i sense is smells: bacon, hummus, stale alcohol, and that smell you get from old clothes that's really familiar and comfortable but at the same time unrecognizable and disgusting. It makes me hungry and vomitus, and at that point i write a pop song for every person of which i remember their middle name.

*houses equal relationships, those between you and any other object (person); water (liquid) equals sex, that which is libidinal in all and each individual; self and environment is a reflection of worldview, paradigm, and id, that which is buried becomes unearthed through physical environment and the surreal projection thereof. Cue blue screen.

1 comment:

jill or jay said...

What are you doing? We're having a Halloween party Saturday night. I wish you could be here! I miss you.